The vacuum, long an instrument for chasing cats, has now been turned against its own. What better use for automatic home appliances than to have them chase each other in classic video game style?
Built using our spare time, Roomba Pac-Man is designed to showcase the extensive Unmanned Aerial System software suite that we have developed to support our personal research. It was also a great opportunity to use some of our skills for our own entertainment. Check out the sections above to learn about the engineering that went into the complicated system which enabled the creation of this game.
As a disclaimer, our research center is not affiliated with the project, and the work done here, while utilizing some software we were paid to develop at CU, is the sole creation of those listed at the bottom of the page.
Are Roombas Dangerous?
No. Despite the fact that these little guys have tried to kill Pac-Man time and time again, they are instilled with the three laws of Roombotics.
- Website designer
- Created the diagrams for this site
- Ported Gentoo to the Alix, Gumstix Verdex, and several Soekris platforms
- Created the service discovery protocol
- Created the application layer networking architecture
- Roomba Pac-Man game design
- Modified the 3d models for the Google Earth visualization
- Created the 3d intro for the videos
- Significant work on the graphical user interface
- Created the graphical user interface
- Created the camera interface and display
- Significant work on application layer networking
- Significant work on service discovery protocol
- Created the 3d models in Solidworks
- Created interface to the Hagisonic Stargazer
- Created unscented Kalman fitler for navigation
- Created joystick interface for controlling the Roombas
- Original creator of several libraries used in this project
- Modified code for camera interface
|Jack Elston||AKA "Blinky"||email@example.com|
|Cory Dixon||AKA "Inky"||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Maciej Stachura||AKA "Clyde"||email@example.com|
|Chris Eheim *||AKA "Pinky"|
|Rob Witoff *||AKA "Pac-Man"|